Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You're never too old

You are never too old to try something new. Austin finished his last soccer game on Thursday so Saturday they were going to give out awards, eat donuts, and play a game of kids vs parents. Mind you these are 10-12 year olds who've been playing for years and are the same size as I. Not to mention they get to wear cleats and shin gaurds and I have never played soccer before in my life. Oh yeah, and when they were about to start, there were only a bunch of dads on the parents team. So I felt a little out of place, but gave it a go. Ok so soccer is harder than it looks. Watch a ball come flying toward you at shoulder height and just try not using your arms! I'd like to say that once I got used to not using my arms that I took an amazing leap into the air and side kicked that ball right into the goal, but no. I found out that I'm a ducker. I did manage to get a few good kicks in here and there. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Anyhow it was a lovely October afternoon and we all had a little fun and got a little, no alot, of exercise in.




Austin also put together a puppet show for pack meeting. Him and a friend made their own sock puppets out of, what else? Old soccer socks! Austin made an alien and his friend made an earthling and they wrote their own little script and did pretty good.



Ashley had her first recognition night for Achievment days. They work on Faith in God requirements from age 8 through 11 preparing them for mutual. Its kind of the girls version of boy scouts. They've been learning alot and have fabulous hard working volunteer leaders. They do such amazing things for our girls. They really deserve a recognition night of their own. The leaders even got flowers for all the girls to go home with. Very cute.




1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see pictures of you playing soccer! It's so fun to see your kids getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete