Thursday, August 7, 2008

Park Day


Every Wed morning the ladies in my neighborhood gather their children together at various parks throughout our suburb. Yesterday morning I was running a bit late, and so to compel my youngest daughter to move faster, I said "Hurry and get ready so we can go see your friends!" And her quick reply to me was "You mean your friends." Even 4 year olds can see the truth. Mommy needs some grown-ups to talk to. This reminds me of that commercial on t.v. a few years ago. The father enters the home after a day at the office and is greeted by his wife asking in a sing-song style "Is daddy waddy home from worky jerky?" I hope I'm not to that point yet, but I do think I look forward to park day more than my children sometimes.....

As much as I love talking to other adults from time to time, I try not to let the time with my children be only quantity and not quality. But sometimes it's hard to think of things to do at home, yet it can also be hard, and expensive to drive 5 children around to different activities all the time. I found a great website with a new fun idea for you to do with your kids every day. And if you don't like what's on the menu for today, you can look ahead or behind to any day.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blog world! Check out our blog at paulandmegsfam.blogspot.com. There's even some cute pictures of our girls on it even you search it!

    ReplyDelete